I was nominated by The Girl Who Reads for a Liebster award. Thank you so much, this is awesome and so sweet. Also, my computer keeps autocorrected “Liebster” to Lobster.
Questions from The Girl Who Reads:
1. What book/series got you into reading?
I’ve been reading since I can remember, but back when I was little I loved to read The Babysitters Club books.
2. If you could trade places with any fictional character in a book, who would it be and why?
Wow, I don’t know. Usually in the books I read some tragedy strikes the characters. I think I would go with Sophia, from The Longest Ride, because she gets to make out with a hot bull rider.
3. Have you ever cried while reading a book, if so which book was it?
I cry while reading books all the time. It’s very therapeutic. The last one was Before I Go.
4. What book to movie adaptation did you think failed the most?
The Maze Runner
5. If you could travel to any book setting, what would it be? (i.e. Narnia, Hogwarts.. etc).
Who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts? I think I would also want to go to the place they live in The Giver.
6. What book genre do you dislike the most?
7. Where do you prefer to get your books – the bookstore or library?
I barely ever spend money on books, if I do, I get them offline at http://www.bookoutlet.com or some other site. If I need a new book now, I will go to the library.
8. What is the longest you have read for (in hours)?
9. If you could redesign any book cover, what book would it be and what would the design be like?
I can’t stand when book covers have a picture of the “character”, and they don’t look at all how they are described in the book. So, probably one like that.
10. Do you like to eat while you read?
No, not really, but I do like to drink coffee.
11. What is your favourite place to read?
Anywhere at home, I do love to read outside too.
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I can only wink with one eye.
2. I am the youngest of 5 children.
3. I am left-handed.
4. I can pretty much rap any Eminem song that’s out there, I am a huge fan.
5. I go back and forth between my favorite color being green or purple.
6. I’ve been married for 2 years, to a man that used to be my boss at work (EEE!!).
7. People who know me best say that I am, quiet, yet hilarious and weird.
8. I have had anxiety for much of my life, which causes me to be wary of social situations and situations where I have to do something that I am uncomfortable with.
9. I am almost done getting my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, then I plan to go for my Master’s. I really want to be a child counselor.
10. My favorite thing in the whole world right now is to snuggle up with my two year old son and read books.
11. If I could go anywhere in the world, I would choose Spain, Egypt and Alaska.
11 Blogs I feel are deserving of this award:
10. Novel Girl
11 Questions for the bloggers I nominated to answer:
1. How many books do you think that you have read this year?
2. What book conjures up feelings of nostalgia?
3. What book would you never let your friend borrow from you?
4. Which author would you love to sit and have lunch with?
5. If you had to pick a lead role in the movie version of your favorite book, who would it be and what book?
6. Do you also like to write?
7. What types of books do you not like to read?
8. Who is your “go-to” person when you want to know about new books?
9. Have you ever started reading a book, and stopped because you didn’t like it?
10. What book turned TV show or movie do you absolutely love?
11. What book turned TV show or movie do you absolutely hate?
That was fun! Thank you so much for the nomination and I hope everyone I nominated has fun as well!